Private tour, adventure, hiking, outdoor, waterfall, secret cave
Min – Max group size:
4 – 6 people
Available for booking throughout the year except late August – late October
Throughout the year except late August – late October
- Off the beaten path hiking in real forest
- Climbing waterfall rocks
- Stay overnight in a real Karenni’s forest cabin
- Freshly-cooked meals with fresh ingredients from the forest
About the trip
Deigned to put you into the heart of a new culture and nature, this trip will take you off-the-beaten-path to a Karen hilltribe village hidden in the forest of Kanchanaburi. In this trip you will hike into the woods unexploited by major tourists. You will climb waterfall rocks, gather herbs, dine on freshly-cooked food, sleep in one of their forest cabins, and partake in a spiritual ritual. This trip is what travelers who seek for a real natural and cultural immersion.
- Pickup/drop off from Bangkok or Kanchanaburi
- Real local Karen guides and crew
- 1 snack, 3 meals, drinking water, soda
- One night accommodation in a real forest cabin
- Travel insurance
- Please contact us may you prefer to travel from/to Bangkok
What should the travelers bring?
Personal medicines, comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, water bottle, appropriate clothing, swimming gear, towel, insect repellent, and camera.
- We will pick you up at your hotel in Bangkok or Kanchanaburi downtown.
- Travel to the village which will take about 2 hours.
- After greetings, snack, we start hiking into the woods, exploring the tribesman’s trail and some hidden spots along the way.
- Arrive to the cabin, relax in the dense woods or bath in the mountain stream.
- Have dinner in a bush camping style.
- Enjoy the fresh breathe of the forest as the trees are waking up. We will prepare a cup of coffee served in a bamboo cup before breakfast.
- As the sun gets higher we will start packing up and go further to visit a wiseman’s house. You will receive a blessing practice there from him.
- We will return to the village by a vehicle. Then there is some time to explore the village before lunch at a house.
- Say farewell to the village and depart to Kanchanaburi.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTES
*****PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU BOOK*****
*****EMTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTE IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT*****
- This trip is made for travelers who want to get exposed to a new culture of a minority group in Thailand.
- You have to be physically fit, very flexible, and open-minded to new doings, culture, and experiences.
- The accommodations have no AC, but the area that it is located in takes good breeze at night, making the air a bit chill.
- A note on the cabin: The cabin can accommodate 4 guests and the sleeping space has to be shared. So this is fine if you are a family of four. In case this is a joined-group tour, sleeping space will be allocated. There is enough space outside the cabin, which is still under the roof and with a mosquito net.
- The tour is operated throughout the year, being unavailable during late August to late October due to the peak of the forest rain.
- Wear appropriate outfits and gears for outdoor activities. In the forest, it can get a bit chilling at night.
Terms & Conditions
- Sometimes our itinerary must be flexible due to weather conditions.
To make sure everything is in the right place for you, we carefully do a lot of arrangement and prepaid to confirm services. We can’t avoid but have to put strict charging fee policy in case of cancellation.
In the event that a booking is cancelled, the following fees will apply:
- Cancellation more than 15 days before departure: 50% of the total cost
- Cancellation within 15 days of departure: 100% of the total cost
- Booking confirmed less than 15 days of departure means 100% of the total cost if cancelled
Fee for group of 1 – 4 guests
24,999 THB/GROUP (Approx. 780 USD or 696 EURO)